Argonautica were engaged by the Attorney General’s Department to investigate and determine the requirements for the future strategic development of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands freight and passenger handling vessels.
Following an operational requirements analysis, we prepared the design, tender and contract documents for an un-motorised barge, a motorised barge, and passenger ferry.
The second phase of the project involved Project Managing the design, construction, commissioning, and delivery of the first vessel, a 400MT container barge. This included:
- Provision of detailed procurement plan, overall project schedule, and budget to enable fast-track construction and delivery timetables.
- Further consultation with future port construction contractors and initiate discussion between key stakeholders to ensure compatibility with the proposed vessels.
- Engage directly with preferred shipyard to ensure Client’s needs are fully understood, undertake constructability reviews with all stakeholders, and develop the detailed construction, commissioning and delivery schedules
- Develop all Inspection and Test Plans and undertake all QAQC site survey and material inspections across the Project, including shipyard, contractors and suppliers.
- Deliver barge via heavy lift vessel to the Cocos (Keeling) Islands on time and on budget.