Argonautica were engaged by Apache Energy Ltd to plan and execute the refurbishment and upgrade of the FPSO Ningaloo Vision from 2012 through to 2015.
The Contract spanned the entire phase of the project cycle from the development of the overall construction scope of work and methodology (including upgrade of topside process modules, swivel replacement, hull and tank steel renewal, and turret/subsea modifications) through to final commissioning and delivery of the Asset back to Apache Energy in March 2015, on schedule.
- Establish Client presence in the shipyard, setup warehousing and logistics supplier and systems, recruitment of local inspectors/supervisors, develop specific reporting processes, KPIs, and comprehensive tracking metrics across all disciplines.
- Participate and lead various HAZOPs, HAZIDs and Constructability reviews to ensure alignment across all Project stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor all construction activities (hull, machinery and topsides) against agreed schedule and discipline histograms. In particular, plan and execute the renewal of 600MT of steelwork along the cargo tank longitudinal bulkheads, ahead of schedule, as part of Special Survey 7.
- Develop and maintain formal reporting documentation including discipline organigrams and daily/monthly reports to ensure full visibility of Project activities to Client.
- Provide firm and pragmatic leadership of a multi-disciplined and cultural Client team (50+ men) comprising of Supervisors, Engineers, QAQC and HSE Inspectors.
- Initiate and manage Classification Society engagement and setup systems and processes to ensure regulatory compliance during demolition, construction and pre-commissioning phases and overall Project compliance against Local/National and International Standards and Codes.
- Ensure rigorous oversight in managing scope growth through minimising Site Instructions and Variation Orders unrelated to contractual scope.
- Initiate and provide strict oversight on several contractual incentive schemes in order to advance the shipyard construction schedule
- Provide transparency in the selection and performance management of Client vendors, specialists and sub-contractors, and ensure all documentation and processes are auditable.
- Ensure early identification of any deviation from agreed specification, schedule or budget, and implement corrective actions
- Ensure strong HSE leadership by implementing a shipyard HSE incentive scheme, employing additional Client HSE inspectors and overseeing 2.5 million man-hours LTI free.
- Manage the coordination of work-scope completion including punch-lists, hand-overs, ITR completions, certificates, and pre-commissioning activities to ensure a robust transition to the commissioning team.