Argonautica were initially engaged during 2011 to undertake marine surveys of several oil tankers to determine suitability for conversion to an early production FPSO, for a joint venture between Petronas, ROC Oil and Dialog.
In 2012, Argonautica provided the Conversion Manager/Acting Delivery Manager and QA/QC Survey Manager roles for the project execution phase in Keppel Tuas (Singapore). The project was based on a fast-track conversion methodology (adopted by the JV Partners) requiring a hands-on practical approach including:
- Coordinate plan approvals with Classification Society in parallel with detailed engineering design throughout the demolition and construction phase.
- Develop the cargo offtake philosophy and implement operational requirements into the design and construction phase.
- Set-up Client shipyard office, warehouse and logistics supplier and systems, including recruitment of local inspectors/supervisors and implementation of document control system.
- Develop and implement Client specific reporting processes, and develop comprehensive tracking metrics across all disciplines.
- Maintain formal reporting documentation including discipline organigrams and daily reports to ensure full visibility of Project activities to JV partners.
- Manage the extraction of the (CMMS) maintenance database onboard in order to develop preservation and maintenance procedures during construction, execute Special Survey 10 and obtain Classification Society and Flag State approvals